Drum roll, please… Our single-family homes sales volume heat map from the first quarter 2017 is finally here! The top five hottest areas are as follows:
- South Inglewood (9 more listings sold, 101% increase) – The construction of the Rams and Chargers’ new football stadium might be the catalyst for single-family home sales in the South Inglewood area, where sales volume has more than doubled.
- Brentwood (2 more listings sold, 98% increase) – Home to the Getty Center and suburban neighbor to UCLA’s Westwood, Brentwood has always been a favorite among young families as well as celebrities. Thus, it comes as no surprise that sales volume increased by 98% for single-family homes. While only two more homes have been sold, we’re going from 42 homes sold up to 44. With such consistently high sales volume, the Brentwood real estate market isn’t showing any signs of slowing down in the near future.
- Mid-Wilshire (6 more listings sold, 83% increase) – Mid-Wilshire rounds out the top 3 areas with a sizable improvement across the board, going from 9 homes sold in Q1-2016 to 15 homes sold in Q1-2017.
- Monterey Hills (2 more listings sold, 53% increase) – This smaller neighborhood on the Eastside grew from just 3 homes sold in Q1-2016 to 5 homes in Q1-2017, but this was enough to provide a substantial increase in sales volume overall.
- Bel-Air / Holmby Hills (10 more listings sold, 50% increase) – The beautiful hills of Bel-Air generated a growth from 24 homes sold in Q1-2016 to 34 homes sold in Q1-2017, earning the area the largest growth out of the top 5 in terms of quantity.
Here are the full stats:
For a look at the previous heat map of single-family home sales volume (Q4-2016 to Q4-2015), click here.
Cesareo PerezApril 20, 2017
Is there a similar map for the San Fernando Valley?
themlsblogApril 20, 2017
Hi Cesareo, Thanks for your inquiry. At this time, we only provide this for territories within The MLS and we provide our members with relevant stats as needed. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any other questions. Thanks!