When it comes to buying a home, there are a number of key milestones along the way. The process includes everything from building your team and understanding your finances to going house hunting, making an offer, and more. The below infographic captures the 9-step journey.
- Build your team– Kickstart the process by finding trusted experts to guide you along the way.
- Check your score– Find out your credit score and work to improve it by cutting down debt and spending.
- Boost your savings– Talk to a professional about down payment options. Then set goal and budget accordingly.
- Know your numbers– Discover what you can afford based on interest rates, income, and more. Then get pre-approved to have a competitive edge.
- Go house hunting– Tour with your agent to explore neighborhoods, home types, and determine your must-haves. Repeat until you find the one.
- Make an offer– Meet with your agent to draft your offer and negotiate with the seller.
- Get an inspection and an appraisal– Rely on the pros as they determine the value and condition of your new home.
- Make it official– On closing day, sign the final documentation and get they keys to your home.
- Move into your home– Send in the movers because it’s time to make your dream a reality on move-in day.